When messages from the the Redwood Ramble mailing list come into a GMail account, GMail classifies them as “Promotions” and directs the messages automatically into your Promotions folder, which you probably never look in. In order to have our emails show up in your “Primary” folder you need to do the following:
- Click on the Gear icon near the upper right corner of the screen
- Choose “Settings”
- Choose “Filters” from the options along the top
- Click on “Create New Filter”
- In the “From” box type “redwoodramble.com” and then select “Create New Filter with this Search”
- Click on the “Categorize As” box and select “Personal”
Yes, its a number of steps, but once it’s done you will never have to worry about it again!